Only a few more weeks until this year’s Excellence Awards presentation at the 2023 DigiPres Opening Plenary! This blog is a terrific way to get us ready.

Jessica C. Neal (she/they) is an archivist, records manager, and memory worker. She is currently the Records Management Project Manager at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and an archival consultant with Vanguard Archives Consulting. Jes’s work centers archives, preservation, data management, and developing ethical frameworks to better steward digital collections and projects that specifically focus on Black-led and -created social movements, oral histories, art, and literary history and culture.

We caught up with Jes recently, and she offered her perspective on the NDSA Excellence Awards. We hope you enjoy A Spotlight on Dedication, Creativity, and Effectiveness: Jes Neal on the NDSA Excellence Awards.

Sincerely,

Kari May

Digital Archivist & Preservation Librarian

University of Pittsburgh Library System

7500 Thomas Blvd, Room 205

Pittsburgh, PA, 15260

412.648.5676

“There are no answers- only choices.” -Gibarian, Solaris