We have a shared folder with documentation, at various levels of updatedness...  I've managed to get to a point where there's three of us sharing our 'library IT' responsibilities. We've each developed our specialties but work together so we all know the basics of everything. That means when one person goes on leave and another is sick there's still someone who can keep things running.

For other teams, even where we're one deep we work hard to have each person also be backup for some other function(s) so we don't have to shut down interloans (for example) every time the interloans person goes on leave.

Our URL/password management system isn't pretty so I won't talk about it here(!) but it's functional at least. We have one system for managing the 'library IT' stuff (ie catalogue, website, repositories, EZproxy) and a separate-but-similar system for the people managing the 'collections' stuff (ie database administration accounts).

Deborah
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Deborah Fitchett (she/her) MLIS, RLIANZA
Associate University Librarian, Digital Scholarship

Learning, Teaching and Library – Te Whare Pūrākau
PO Box 85064, Lincoln University
Lincoln 7647, Christchurch, New Zealand
+64 3 423 0358
ltl.lincoln.ac.nz