Hey all,

Sharing this opportunity. I've worked quite a bit with this group and there is a lot of opportunity in this position (and a lot of people will appreciate the work done by this person!). Right now the position is part time and does require some on site commitment in Geneseo NY (a hybrid schedule would be considered). I'm happy to answer any questions.

Heidi

Here's the official posting:

IDS Project seeks to hire a developer to join our nationally renowned resource sharing team.

The initial appointment is for one year and eligible for renewal. Remote work is not available though a work from home option may be for one day per week.

Developed and maintained at SUNY Geneseo, the Information Delivery Services (IDS) Project is a mutually supportive resource-sharing cooperative whose 120 members include public and private academic libraries from across the country, the New York Public Library, and the New York State Library. The major goal of the Project is to continually implement and objectively evaluate innovative resource-sharing strategies, policies, and procedures that will optimize mutual access to the information resources of all IDS Project member libraries.

The IDS Project Developer will develop new software and functions for our current systems, update the IDS website, and develop new addons for ILLiad. The position will also be responsible for supporting the IDS Logic servers.

A successful candidate will be able to work on a highly collaborative technical team to solve problems and provide excellent support to the IDS community with the support of senior developers.

Summary of Responsibilities:

  *   Develop new and maintain current software to support the mission of the IDS Project. .NET, Lua, Python, PHP, current web languages, and SQL.
  *   Learn the ILLiad interlibrary loan system, front end and back end, and how the ILLiad API and Addons work with IDS Logic and other systems.
  *   Conduct research and analysis of the usage and effectiveness of various IDS services, including IDS Logic, library resource sharing strategies, search engine and web site development, and Cross-Share.
  *   Create posters, handouts, documentation, and presentations used for regional, statewide, and national audiences.

Required Qualifications:

  *   Bachelor's Degree in computer science by time of appointment OR in lieu of degree, substantial coursework and one year of applicable programming experience
  *   Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
  *   Ability to manage and complete work independently
  *   Excellent communication skills
  *   Ability to work evenings and weekends on an occasional basis to support critical issues and project upgrades
  *   Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity and belonging

Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science

  *   Preferred languages and experience:.NET, Lua, Python, PHP, current web languages, and SQL.
  *   Preferred server experience: Windows, Linux, Docker, MySQL
  *   Experience with ILLiad interlibrary loan system, front end and back end, and how the ILLiad API and Addons work with IDS Logic and other systems.

Full posting and application information:  https://jobs.geneseo.edu/postings/4591

Heidi Webb
Discovery and Technology Services
Health Sciences Library | SUNY Upstate Medical University

Note: It is normal for me to take a few days to read my emails, reflect on the matter, and respond thoughtfully.