This World Digital Preservation Day, the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is delighted to share two new translations of its popular DPC Rapid Assessment Model, in Traditional and Simplified Chinese.

Now available as PDF downloads from the DPC website as part of a suite of other translations, the second edition of the DPC RAM is a digital preservation maturity modelling tool that has been designed to enable rapid benchmarking of an organization’s digital preservation capability.

“The Rapid Assessment Model is so universally applicable and helpful when planning digital preservation activities,” explains Peter Chan who created the Traditional Chinese translation. “And I wanted to make sure it was accessible to as many people around the world. I am delighted to be able to help make this available to speakers of Chinese within the digital preservation community, especially on World Digital Preservation Day.”

Sarah Middleton, Head of Advocacy & Community Engagement for the DPC was enormously grateful to the translators, saying:

“It is the DPC’s ultimate aim to share all of its key resources in a range of languages and we are working with volunteer translators and digital preservation networks all over the world to make progress with this goal. Without our volunteer translators none of it would be possible though. So, on World Digital Preservation Day, I’d like to thank each and every one who has contributed a translation of a DPC resource – it’s been a truly concerted effort!”

Read more: https://www.dpconline.org/news/dpc-ram-chinese-translations-available

===

DPC快速评估模型:现已提供中文翻译!

值此世界数字保存日,数字保存联盟(DPC)很高兴分享其广受欢迎的DPC快速评估模型的两种新译本,即繁体中文和简体中文。

DPC RAM的第二版现在可从DPC网站下载PDF格式,作为一套其他翻译的一部分,是一种数字保存成熟度建模工具,旨在对组织的数字保存能力进行快速基准测试。

“在规划数字保存活动时,快速评估模型非常普遍适用和有用,”创建繁体中文翻译的Peter Chan解释说。“我想确保全世界尽可能多的人都能使用它。我很高兴能够帮助数字保存界的中文演讲者获得这些信息,特别是在世界数字保存日。

DPC宣传和社区参与主管Sarah Middleton非常感谢翻译人员,她说: “DPC的最终目标是以多种语言共享其所有关键资源,我们正在与世界各地的志愿翻译人员和数字保存网络合作,以实现这一目标。 如果没有我们的志愿翻译,这一切都是不可能的。因此,值此世界数字保存日之际,我要感谢每一位贡献DPC资源翻译的人——这是一次真正的共同努力!

阅读更多: https://www.dpconline.org/news/dpc-ram-chinese-translations-available

*Apologies for cross-posting // 为交叉发帖道歉*

Sarah Middleton | she/her

Head of Advocacy and Community Engagement

Digital Preservation Coalition

37 Tanner Row, York, YO1 6WP

http://www.dpconline.org/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @Sarah_DPC

My working hours are Mon – Fri // 08:30 – 14:30 (UK)

Find out more about #WDPD23 at www.dpconline.org/events/world-digital-preservation-day

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.

The Digital Preservation Coalition is a registered company (4492292) and charity (SC051077)

#DPConnect is back! Join us for 30 minutes of live digital preservation news and networking with the DPC every Friday from 1st September (https://www.dpconline.org/events) ########################################################################

to manage your NDSA-ALL subscription, visit ndsa.org/ndsa-all