My esteemed listmates,

I'm trying to help a person who's poor but not quite poor enough for a free
phone.

She really only needs to use her old LG Rebel 4 (which she had Tracfone
service which expired 2 years ago) for 911 calls.

The FCC requires all phones to be able to dial 911.

Once she powers on the LG it displays it can't find any WIFI.

I Googled that and it seems a cell can get stuck in WIFI mode.

I found no answers re: how to get an LG out of WIFI mode and I emailed LG
for tech help but received no reply.

So many articles share how you just dial 911 and connect but none describe
how to get to the  Keypad to even dial.

I contacted a couple of homeless orgs but they had no suggestions.

If anyone has figured this out, I'd appreciate your insights.

Thank you.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library