Another vote for Whisper.

I am very much not a python & command line person. I can muddle through, but would prefer any other option.

So on Windows I've been using StoryToolkitAI, which is built on Whisper and adds a GUI. It's primarily designed for integration with a video editing tool, but you can ignore that part entirely.

https://github.com/octimot/StoryToolkitAI
https://github.com/octimot/StoryToolkitAI/releases

The results are astonishingly good. I've used StoryToolkitAI to transcribe interviews, translated a podcast from spoken Spanish to English text, and generated subtitle files for recorded conference sessions.

-Chad

---

Chad Haefele

he/him/his