This doesn't really solve your "shared login" problem, but I was always a
big fan of using the DeepFreeze software on shared computers. It does a
fantastic job of preventing those changes you were talking about from
"sticking" -- especially if you force a reboot after logout, which isn't
too hard to create a logout script to do that.

https://www.faronics.com/deep-freeze-on-cloud

--Ray

--
*Ray Voelker*
Integrated Library Systems Administrator

Mobile phone:  (937)620-1830 <+1937-620-1830>
Office phone:  (513)369-4583
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library
800 Vine Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

*For Minds of All Kinds*
CHPL.org <https://chpl.org/>