DLF Digest: December 2023

A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group<https://www.diglib.org/groups/> meetings and events, and CLIR<https://www.clir.org/> program updates from the Digital Library Federation<https://www.diglib.org/>.
________________________________
This month’s news:

  *   At the 2023 DLF Forum closing plenary, participants joined us for small group discussions about the four topics registrants indicated were most important to them about attending a conference. We’re excited to offer a similar session virtually to open the door to feedback from folks who may not have attended the Forum in person. Join us in co-creating the blueprint for the future of conferencing in our community. The DLF Forum has always been a place of innovation and collaboration, and together, we can continue to make it even more special. More information and link to register available on DLF’s website.<https://www.diglib.org/join-us-for-the-forum-feedback-event-series-launch-on-12-6/>
  *   In October, with support from a GLAM Cross-Pollinator Registration Award, Devon Murphy attended the 86th Annual Meeting of (ASIS&T) in London. Read about their experience in their fellow reflection on the DLF blog<https://www.diglib.org/fellow-reflection-devon-murphy/>.
  *   ICYMI: CLIR’s newest information literacy podcast, “For Your Reference,” is now available. Watch the first episode and subscribe here.<https://www.clir.org/for-your-reference/>
  *   CLIR will partner with Shift Collective to evaluate its Recordings at Risk program. Learn more about this partnership and the project’s research team on CLIR’s website.<https://www.clir.org/2023/11/shift-collective-and-recordings-at-risk/>
  *   CLIR and DLF will close on Thursday, December 21 for our winter break and re-open on Thursday, January 4, 2024. We wish you a joyful holiday season and look forward to seeing you in the new year!

This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar<https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/calendar/>. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

  *   DLF Digital Accessibility IT and Development Subgroup: Monday, December 4, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NjZpazF1NTVwbmtxc2xtcmxhanUxMHUxazcgMW5scWloYmRoc2NhN3I3bnBlOTNzbzY2a2tAZw>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, December 6, 2pm ET/11am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MWo1ZWFybzQ5aW41OW1udWk4OGRkNGVrODNfMjAyMzEyMDZUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, December 11, 2pm ET/11am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=N25wamV2OGYxcDc0a2NoN2lhYzFyYmZndTdfMjAyMzEyMTFUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, December 14, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NjFyMGNjczZwMjhrczZ1a2o2a3JnbWRyY2FfMjAyMzEyMTRUMTgxNTAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, December 15, 11am ET/8am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=Z283dWRvOW0xOWxrNmgybzBzbzFiODR0cmdfMjAyMzEyMTVUMTYwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution<https://www.diglib.org/about/members/>. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website<https://www.diglib.org/groups/>. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one<https://www.diglib.org/groups/past/>? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit<https://www.diglib.org/dlf-organizers-toolkit/> to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let us know how we can help.

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate

Let’s Connect
- Schedule an online call with me directly<https://meetings.hubspot.com/gayle-schechter>

My weekly schedule is Monday-Thursday.

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.