Greetings and happy new year!

The University of Central Florida is currently hiring a department head for our Research & Information Services. The full posting is attached but please let me know if you have any questions about the job, UCF, or working/living in Florida!

Minimum Qualifications:

  *   Master's degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
  *   At least five years post-MLS professional experience.
  *   Experience in mentoring faculty and professional staff.

The selected candidate must have a demonstrated record of experience commensurate with appointment at the rank of associate librarian or university librarian.

Preferred Qualifications:

  *   Knowledge of emerging trends in academic libraries.
  *   Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, and develop library faculty and staff.
  *   Supervision of units and librarians responsible for instruction, research consultation, and outreach and engagement services.
  *   Demonstrated record of innovative leadership and navigating organizational change.
  *   Evidence of professional service, and a record of publications and presentation at a national level.

Special Instructions to the Applicants:
Minimum salary $81,000 to negotiable at rank of associate librarian, and $87,000 to negotiable at rank of university librarian.

Job Close Date:
01/25/2024.
Thanks,

Athena Hoeppner (she/her/hers)
Discovery Services Librarian | University Librarian
University of Central Florida | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Schedule Appointment<https:[log in to unmask]>