Dear DLFTeach (and other working group) colleagues,

Our first DLFTeach chat of February is now live on our new slack channel: https://join.slack.com/t/dlfteach/shared_invite/zt-23s81r76e-hmr12WHLEvPwmk3ebgFfZA.

This month's topic is  "An irreverent chat about Artificial Intelligence and Digital Pedagogy."  Are you inundated by conversations and webinars about using AI in the classroom? Are you looking for a place to vent about it, but also like-minded people who are interested in talking about it in real ways? Our February chat will be a combination of venting about how flooded your inboxes are with artificial intelligence articles, AND what people in this group have done to learn about it. Feel free to interact by replying to a thread, with emoji, or just reading along, so long as you follow the DLF Code of Conduct (https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/). These conversations will be active for 90 days. The questions in this chat are:

Q1 - We’ve heard about AI upending our way of teaching for a while now! Is it getting on your nerves? Feel free to vent about it here! Tell us what pisses you off!

Q2 - Now that you’ve gotten that out, what is a productive way or interesting tool that AI (e.g. chatGPT, text-to-speech, a “bot,” etc.) has provided to enable your work?

Q3 - Are there classes you’ve designed incorporating AI that you’re interested in sharing and workshopping? Share your ideas here.

Q4 - Are there articles of note that you’d like to share and discuss? What are some think pieces that can get us engaged with using and interrogating AI?

Q5 - Let’s get whimsical for the last question. AI has been really fun to mess with, hasn’t it? What’s a hilarious application of AI that you’ve seen? An example is https://mymodernmet.com/ai-history-chatbots/

Looking forward to hearing your ideas/rants!

Hillary Richardson

#DLFTeach Outreach Coordinator

Hillary A. H. Richardson, M.A., M.L.I.S.

she/her/hers

Associate Professor

Coordinator of Undergraduate Research & Information Literacy

Fant Memorial Library | Mississippi University for Women

1100 College Street, MUW-1625

Columbus, MS 39701

662-329-7334 | hillaryahrichardson.com

Need research help? Set up an appointment!