My esteemed listmates,

I haven't read where and how apps are vetted and not generating info for
large tele companies so I feel less vulnerable to AI use (abuse) by simply
opening side-by-side File Explorer windows and dragging content from my old
Sasmung cell to my new Samsung phone.

That works quite easily for contacts and voice mail.

I've Googled this and all the resurs advise using Samsung Smart Switch app
to migrate text messages from your old phone.

I've perused the DCIM folders, Camera folders, internal storage and I
can't seem to locate where text messages are stored on my cell phone.
I'm not sure what offra they are stored as ... e.g. .mp3, .xcf, .txt, etc.

Has anyone discovered where their text messages are stored on their cell
phones or even the format they're stored as?

Thanks so much,

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library.