*Apologies for cross-posting

The Internet Archive is now accepting applications from public libraries, local and community archives, and other cultural heritage organizations in the United States to join Community Webs <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/>, our Community History Web Archiving Program. Community Webs is fully funded by non-profit Internet Archive. There is no cost to participating organizations.

Community Webs seeks to empower cultural heritage organizations to work with their communities to build community-focused archives of websites, social media and other web content documenting local histories and voices that are typically underrepresented in the historic record. The program offers free multi-year subscriptions to Archive-It <https://archive-it.org/> and Vault <https://webservices.archive.org/pages/vault>, training and technical support, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research. Read more about Archive-It <https://archive-it.org/>, a web archiving service, and Vault <https://webservices.archive.org/pages/vault>, IA’s digital preservation repository and storage system here: https://webservices.archive.org/ <https://webservices.archive.org/>.

We currently have 170 participants from across Canada, the US and internationally. Some examples of what our current participants have been up to include:

Community Archives of Belleville & Hastings County <https://archive-it.org/home/cabhc> is building collections of websites documenting local community groups, media, and elections
Regina Public Library <https://archive-it.org/home/reginalibrary> is creating web collections on local news, arts and culture, and Pride celebrations
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture @ New York Public Library <https://archive-it.org/home/schomburgcenter> is building collections on the #Syllabus Movement and other aspects of the Black experience in the US and beyond
The Choctaw Cultural Center <https://archive-it.org/home/choctawculturalcenter> is creating web collections on the Nation’s history and culture, Tribal elections, and educational programs

To find out more about the program, visit the Community Webs website <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/about.html>, Call for Applications <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/apply/>, and view our program announcements <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/news.html>. For general information about web archiving, please see here <https://netpreserve.org/web-archiving/>.

We are now accepting applications from United States organizations on a rolling basis. Apply online today <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/cfa/>.

Have questions? Please reach out to the Community Webs team at [log in to unmask] or join us at the next Information Session for Prospective Members on Wednesday, February 7th, at 11am Pacific / 1pm Eastern! Register for the session here. <https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUudOuurjsjHNy4ulPdwFAzJJ-z4TBx54X8>

We hope to hear from you soon!

Monique Lassere,
on behalf of the Community Programs team

Program Officer, Archiving and Data Services
Internet Archive

Book time with me here <https://calendar.app.google/9tytKvEPBnc3U5WL7>