*Apologies for cross-posting

The Internet Archive is now accepting applications from public libraries, local and community archives, and other cultural heritage organizations in the United States to join Community Webs, our Community History Web Archiving Program. Community Webs is fully funded by non-profit Internet Archive. There is no cost to participating organizations.

Community Webs seeks to empower cultural heritage organizations to work with their communities to build community-focused archives of websites, social media and other web content documenting local histories and voices that are typically underrepresented in the historic record. The program offers free multi-year subscriptions to Archive-It and Vault, training and technical support, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research. Read more about Archive-It, a web archiving service, and Vault, IA’s digital preservation repository and storage system here: https://webservices.archive.org/

We currently have 170 participants from across Canada, the US and internationally. Some examples of what our current participants have been up to include:

To find out more about the program, visit the Community Webs website, Call for Applications, and view our program announcements. For general information about web archiving, please see here.

We are now accepting applications from United States organizations on a rolling basis. Apply online today.

Have questions? Please reach out to the Community Webs team at [log in to unmask] or join us at the next Information Session for Prospective Members on Wednesday, February 7th, at 11am Pacific / 1pm Eastern! Register for the session here.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Monique Lassere,
on behalf of the Community Programs team

Program Officer, Archiving and Data Services
Internet Archive

Book time with me here