Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the Web Archiving Conference (WAC) 2024 hosted by the National Library of France (BnF). We start on Wednesday afternoon, April 24, with pre-conference workshops. WAC continues on Thursday and Friday, April 25-26: https://netpreserve.org/ga2024/programme/

Registration

Early bird registration is open until March 6, and regular registration is open from March 7 until April 15. You can find the registration details including information on bursaries on our website: https://netpreserve.org/ga2024/registration/

WAC schedule

The in-person WAC will be a mix of thematic sessions, panels, workshops, lightning talks, and posters: https://netpreserve.org/ga2024/programme/wac/

We have sessions on a variety of web archiving and digital preservation topics including curation, tools and workflows, research and access, artificial intelligence and machine learning. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the 2024 Program Committee for their work in bringing the program together.

Mentoring program

If you are interested in being a mentor or a mentee, please make sure to sign up while filling out the registration form in ConfTool. The deadline for signing up is March 20. We are very grateful to CLR/DLF for sharing their mentoring program template with us and offering guidance.

About us

The International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) is an international organization of libraries and other organizations established to coordinate efforts to preserve internet content for the future. IIPC is a CLIR affiliate. The IIPC annual conference brings together the world’s experts in web archiving. The 2024 conference is co-organised by IIPC and the BnF, in partnership with the French National Audiovisual Institute (INA).

Where to find us

For updates, please follow the conference website (https://netpreserve.org/ga2024), X (@netpreserve, #iipcWAC24, #IIPC20Years, #webarchiving) and Mastodon (@[log in to unmask]). If you have any questions about WAC, you can email us at [log in to unmask].

We look forward to seeing you in Paris!

WAC 2024 Organizing Committee