Invitation to "VuFind® Leipzig 2024: Future Discoveries" Conference

For over a decade, discovery systems have been the cornerstone of
library technology, fulfilling users' information needs by searching
through their collections. These systems have undergone continuous
enhancement to meet new challenges, transforming into exceptionally
effective tools for researchers, students, and the broader community.
E.g. with the recent emergence of generative artificial intelligence
(AI), questions have arisen regarding the relationship between discovery
systems and AI, and how these systems can adapt to address these
questions effectively.

At Leipzig University Library, we have a rich history of both utilizing
and advancing VuFind®. As we celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the
finc community, we are excited to revive the German
VuFind-Anwendertreffen, which we initially launched in 2012. We are
delighted to partner with the international VuFind® Summit for an event
that will explore the current state of discovery systems and their vast
future potentials.

Therefore, we extend a warm invitation to you to attend our conference
"VuFind® Leipzig 2024: Future Discoveries", scheduled to take place from
September 30th to October 1st in Leipzig, Germany. This event aims to
provide a platform for sharing the latest developments and future
visions for improving library tools for information retrieval. Whether
you are utilizing VuFind®, Primo, Lukida, Blacklight, EDS, or any other
discovery system, we welcome your insights and contributions.

We are thrilled to announce that Demian Katz, the maintainer and lead
developer of VuFind®, will be present to moderate the talks at the
VuFind® Summit. The Call for Papers will be released by the end of April
2024, featuring tracks for VuFind® (VuFind: Summit, VuFind:
Anwendertreffen) and presentations focusing on future discoveries within
the realm of library discovery systems. This will be a hybrid event,
offering both in-person attendance and virtual participation.

We look forward to your participation and contribution to this exciting
event. Save the date and stay tuned for further updates!

Best regards on behalf of the team,
André Lahmann

Stay up to date: https://www.ub.uni-leipzig.de/index.php?id=2771&L=1
Contact us: [log in to unmask]
--
André Lahmann
Wissenschaftlicher Bibliothekar im Bereich Digitale Dienste

Universitätsbibliothek Leipzig
Ritterstraße 12, 04109 Leipzig
Universitätsstraße 3, 04109 Leipzig

T +49 341 97 30679