[like]  Heather Shimon reacted to your message:
________________________________
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sarah Swanz <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2024 3:51:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] data sets in multiple respositories

I manage our data repository. I don't have a problem with you depositing in both Zenodo and your institutional repo as long as you are not getting a 2d DOI.  Get a DOI from one or the other and then add a cross-reference to the other. If the repos are following DataCite scheme, there's a field for Alternative Identifiers.

Publishing in 2 repos is not the same as publishing the same article in two journals. A better analogy is having a book in more than one library.

Sarah Swanz
Digital Humanities Librarian & Data Curator
Washington University in St Louis