Hi all,

I believe the schedule was announced the same day as registration was
opened. See "ANNOUNCEMENT: Code4Lib Schedule Available and Registration
Opening January 31st, 2024" on this list.

For what it's worth, I try to attend Code4Lib every year, regardless of the
schedule, so having it ready before registration is not a factor I
personally had considered (though I cannot speak for this year's local
planning committee). We could certainly have this as a consideration going
forward. Code4Lib is largely volunteer run, by your colleagues, and we take
community feedback seriously. I think the root of the issue this year is
that the venue's capacity doesn't match demand, which hasn't been as much
of an issue for Code4Lib recently. I think since San Jose in 2019 we have
mostly not reached the registration cap, whereas prior registration used to
fill up very quickly, sometimes within days of opening. But it's obviously
difficult to guess demand for any given year and location, especially with
the COVID-19 pandemic.

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Systems Librarian