From: Ferguson, Sean <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2024 2:12 PM
To: Ruggaber, Robin Lindley (rsl6m) <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NEH Research and Development Grant and Education and Training Grant

Dear Eric and Robin,

I hope you are well! My name is Sean Ferguson, and I’m a Program Officer at NEH. We just released the new Notice of Funding Opportunity for two of our grant programs: Research and Development and Education and Training. As Chairs of the Infrastructure Group, I thought you might find these funding opportunities of interest to members of your group. Both programs encourage applicants to address challenges in digital preservation.

I have included a short announcement below about these complementary programs, in case you would like to share it with members of the Infrastructure group, including links to the program information pages where recorded webinars can be found. If you or other members have any questions about Research & Development, they are welcome to contact my colleague Josh Sternfeld ([log in to unmask]) or if you have any questions about Education & Training, you are welcome to contact me ([log in to unmask]). Questions about either program can be sent to our main email address, [log in to unmask]

New NEH Guidelines & Informational Webinars for Research & Development Grants and Education & Training Grants

Applications Due: May 21, 2024
Optional Drafts of Narratives Due: April 9, 2024

Consider applying to one or both of these complementary grant programs that help you find solutions to preservation and access challenges and teach those solutions to the field.

Research & Development Grants: investigate and develop standards, methodologies, workflows, or tools and equipment that address preservation and access challenges for humanities collections.
Maximum Funding: Tier I: $100,000 Tier II: $350,000

Education & Training Grants: create and offer educational services, series, sessions, or resources, as well as residencies, apprenticeships, internships, or mentorships that teach preservation and access skills.
Maximum Funding: $350,000

Questions? Send an email to [log in to unmask] or call 202-606-8570. Program Officers are available to discuss your project ideas and/or offer comments on a draft application narrative.

Sincerely,

Sean Ferguson, MLIS
Senior Program Officer
Division of Preservation & Access