Summary of Duties:
The Ohio State University Libraries seeks a detail-oriented individual to fill the position of Metadata Program Assistant. Under the general direction of the Metadata Initiatives Librarian, the position focuses on creating, transforming, and remediating metadata related to digitized and born-digital library materials, representing a rich and diverse array of formats, subjects, and levels of existing description. Performs metadata audits and clean up to ensure compliance with guidelines and formats. Prepares and verifies batch loads. Collaborates with colleagues throughout the library to ensure efficient workflows for digital collection production, from selection to discoverability. Supports application of various metadata standards and provides training to staff performing routine metadata creation. May supervise staff and student employee positions in performing metadata work or oversee projects. Consistently demonstrates commitment to our values and promotes an organizational culture of Discovery, Connection, Equity, Integrity, and Stewardship (https://library.osu.edu/strategic-directions) as well as dedication to advance the work of Content and Access unit. All other duties as assigned.
Requires the successful completion of a background check.
• B.A./B.S. in Information Science, Communications, Data Analytics or Art/Humanities or other appropriate field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience manipulating data using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent analytic skills, including complex problems solving.
• Detailed oriented.
• Experience creating and editing descriptive metadata.
• Experience with project management.
• Familiarity with metadata standards, such as Dublin Core.
• Familiarity with tools that clean-up and transform metadata, such as Python, XSLT, and OpenRefine.
• Aptitude for learning new technologies or software.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/33281-metadata-program-assistant