Electronic Resources Librarian – Winona State University
We are excited to share this position opening. If you have experience with eresources, proxy servers, discovery tools, love technology and the digital realm please consider joining our community of learners. Our university is located on the Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota. It’s a wonderful place to be.
• The Electronic Resources Librarian has primary responsibility for maintaining access to the library’s online databases, content management system, discovery layer, knowledge bases, proxy server, and electronic services.
• All librarians fully participate in liaison activities for assigned academic departments, such as collection development, advanced reference, and instruction. Librarians also participate in general reference/research assistance (including some nights and weekends) and in faculty governance of the library.
• Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
• Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance abilities.
• Contribute to student growth and development.
• Support Winona State University’s mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. Provide service to the university and community including the program, department, college, university and greater community.
• Responsibility for the lifecycle of the library’s eResources: implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and customizing for the best user experience
• Responsible for the library’s ERM, link resolver, discovery layer, and proxy server.
• Analysis of the use and performance of resources through data collection and data analysis in conjunction with the Collection Development Librarian and the Assessment Librarian.
• Participant in the library web team.
• Provides proactive, user-centered reference assistance in-person and via email, online chat, phone, or other means.
• MLS/MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
• Experience with electronic resources, including online databases, link resolvers and proxy servers
• Demonstrated commitment to quality service
• Second subject master’s degree or earned doctorate
• Academic library experience specifically reference, collection development, and instruction experience
• Skills appropriate for the analysis of the use and performance of resources through data collection
• Experience with ERM, content management systems (Springshare), link resolver, discovery layer, and proxy server
• Knowledge of Java Script or other scripting languages
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively in a rapidly changing environment
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins January 2, 2018
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at [log in to unmask] or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: Summer 2018
RANK: Assistant Professor
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary/Tenure Track; Nine-Month Appointment – Additional Duty days may be assigned
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
• All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States.
• If hired, official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources prior to first duty day.
• Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty organization (IFO) which can be found at http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/contract_plans/index.html
• In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minnesota State College and Universities vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
• Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota’s open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Winona State University
Somsen Hall, Room 202B
PO Box 5838
Winona, Minnesota, 55987-5838
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/31389-electronic-resources-librarian