The New York State Archives is looking for an Archivist with a commitment to improving access to historical records along with two years of professional experience. The person in this position will:
* Participate in the evaluation, implementation and integration of standards based public access tools for archival records, including an EAD based finding aid catalog, Digital Collections, and name index;
* Develop web content and features including tools for using historical records in the classroom;
* Support the development of the State Archives electronic records program;
* Support the integration of records management systems with archival management systems;
* Advise on the technical implementation of professional standards; and
* Work with State Archives staff and vendors to identify and implement web based solutions.
This is a provisional appointment leading to a permanent position. For additional information, including minimum and preferred qualifications see: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/OCE_960_26221.htm
This email including all attachments is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this communication in error and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.