Tonight at midnight PST is the deadline to apply for the award outlined below, which will support a software development professional’s attendance at the Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) meeting in November. The awardee will receive up to $1,250 in travel funding and free conference registration from DLF.
The application process is quick; just submit a brief statement, resume/C.V., and estimated budget. Visit DLF’s website to apply.<https://www.diglib.org/amia-dlf-cross-pollinator-travel-awards-3/>
Hope you’ll apply if A/V preservation and access are of interest!
From: Becca Quon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM
To: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Apply for the 2018 AMIA+DLF Cross-Pollinator Award!
(With apologies for cross-posting)
I’m getting in touch with an opportunity for the developers and software engineers among you: a chance to attend the annual conference of The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA)<http://www.amiaconference.net/> with support from the Digital Library Federation.
The award, which includes up to $1,250 in travel funding as well as registration, will go to one software development professional from the DLF community. The ideal applicant:
* Seeks more exposure to trends in stewarding digital audiovisual collections.
* Would not typically attend the conference, but can envision and articulate a connection with their work.
* Sees great value in building a dynamic and diverse peer network.
* Is interested in participating in the AMIA+DLF Hack Day on November 28, 2018.
* Is enthusiastic about collaborating with preservation professionals who have varying levels of technical expertise.
* Is affiliated with a DLF member institution<https://www.diglib.org/about/members/>.
The Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference will take place in Portland, Oregon, November 28-December 1, 2018, and we are pleased to partner with them once again in sponsoring the fifth annual DLF/AMIA Hack Day<http://www.amiaconference.net/amia-dlf-hack-day/>, bringing together collections practitioners and managers with developers and engineers for a day of collaboration.
Please share the link to more information<https://www.diglib.org/amia-dlf-cross-pollinator-travel-awards-3/> with anyone who may be interested in this award! The deadline to apply is September 14th.
Program Associate for Advancement & Awards
Digital Library Federation (DLF)
diglib.org<http://diglib.org/> | clir.org<http://clir.org/> | @CLIRDLF<http://twitter.com/clirdlf> |she/her/hers