Hello, everyone -
Today sees the release of VuFind 3.1, which includes several significant new features and upgrades. For more details, you can see the press release below.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind 3.1 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - September 26, 2016 - Version 3.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This minor release adds a significant number of new features and enhancements while maintaining compatibility with version 3.0, released earlier in the year.
Some key additions and changes:
- Improved and expanded support for geographic searching and map display.
- Richer facet browsing functionality.
- A new "asset pipeline" to improve page load times by combining files.
- Major performance and functionality enhancements to the SolrMarc indexing tool.
- Logger integration with the Slack messaging service.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.
[log in to unmask]
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085