Network Administrator Senior
Western Michigan University Libraries seeks a Network Administrator Senior to join their IT Services team. This position maintains computing hardware and software and supports University Libraries end-users, often in a lead capacity.
- Prepares computing equipment and peripherals for faculty, staff and instructional laboratories. Installs operating system and application software and configures for end-users. Ensures equipment meets University standards.
- Provides technical and problem solving support to end-users for all standard and department-specific applications.
- Provides support to classroom instruction, including setting up audio-visual equipment, recording, streaming or other instructional technology needs.
- Maintains the department's servers and local area network, including back-up and restore processes.
- Maintains and instructs end-users on department and University policies governing computer usage and data security.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of the department's computing equipment and coordinates these records with the University's information technology inventory system.
- Administers user groups for the department.
- Monitors network performance and resolves any network performance issues.
- Recommends changes or improvements to the department's information technology hardware and software.
- Represents the department's needs and interests to the University's information technology planning groups.
- Provides direction to student employees who provide assistance in computing laboratories or maintaining equipment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field from an accredited institution, or a bachelor's degree in a non-related field from an accredited institution combined with relevant experience.
- Five years' relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be available to provide system maintenance or end-user support outside of normal business hours.
- Set-up and maintenance of instructional technology hardware and software.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Three years’ experience managing Linux and/or Windows servers.
- Experience managing a virtualized server environment.
- Two years’ experience managing Windows image deployments, SCCM, Active Directory, administering LAMP-based web applications, and shell scripting.
- Project management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
For complete description, minimum requirements and application procedures, visit our website at: www.wmujobs.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=56511 . Only applications submitted through this site will be considered. Posting # 0604572.
WMU is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/30005-network-administrator-senior