Consulting Systems Engineer (Security)
Consistently named one of IDG's Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT,
OCLC is a nonprofit library service and research organization that has
provided computer-based cataloging, reference, resource sharing, eContent,
preservation, library management and Web services to 74,000 libraries in 170
countries and territories. OCLC and its member libraries worldwide have
created and maintain WorldCat, the world's richest online resource for finding
library materials. We are seeking candidates for a
Consulting Systems Engineer (Security) at our Corporate Headquarters located
in Dublin, Ohio.
* Act as a technical subject matter expert for information security in system, applications, and databases.
* Provide advice and assistance in implementation of the OCLC information security management system.
* Conduct system and application vulnerability assessments.
* Provide security guidance across the system development life cycle, including security architectural reviews.
* Provide consulting services to system and network administrators regarding information security threats, vulnerabilities, and priorities.
* Assist with technical guidance for the OCLC Global Information Security Policy Committee.
* Analyze security risks, recommend mitigating and compensating security controls, and present findings in written and oral communications.
* Lead and participate as required in computer security incident/intrusion response.
* Support the Information Security Education & Awareness Program.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in information security or system/network administration with an emphasis on information security
* Proficient in Linux and Windows Security
* Proficient in networking protocols and standards especially TCP/IP and the OSI Model
* Understanding of fundamental database security practices
* Understanding of Web application security
* Experienced in system and application vulnerability assessment (specific experience with Nessus, WireShark, NMAP, and WebInspect would be helpful but are not necessary)
* Ability to analyze various log sources Windows, Linux, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
Understanding of ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, FERPA, HIPAA, and international privacy
Knowledge of cloud security requirements, such as ENISA and CSA
Understanding of security in virtualized environments
CISSP, GIAC, Security+ or other security certifications are desirable
Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science, or
related field is highly desired
In order to be considered for this position, you must go to the OCLC Career
Center (Internet) and apply towards Job ID 2224, Consulting Systems Engineer
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. OCLC maintains an ongoing commitment to equal
opportunity and seeks to sustain a diverse workplace.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5795/