**About the role**
Someone highly articulate, enthusiastic and energetic who is willing to
travel. While familiarity with email, blogs and Twitter is desirable, no
specific technical knowledge is required. Being able to learn quickly,
converse intelligently and evangelise convincingly are more valuable to us
than detailed knowledge of open knowledge and open data policies.
Duties are negotiable, but projected to include tasks such as:
* Representing the Open Knowledge Foundation and its various projects and activities at events around the world
* Expanding and strengthening the open knowledge community around the world - including public officials, civic society organisations, developers, data journalists and others
* Organising and facilitating events, workshops and meetings about open knowledge - bringing together key stakeholders from different areas
* Following key developments on mailing lists, blogs and Twitter - and inviting people and organisations to participate in relevant projects, activities and events
* Blogging about open knowledge around the world - and soliciting for guest blog posts from key stakeholders
* Connecting people, groups and projects with common interests - and encouraging them to collaborate
* Promoting key principles and values in the open knowledge community, such as legal/technical standards for open data (e.g. http://opendefinition.org/), and the importance of open source tools and infrastructure
* Building the Open Knowledge Foundation network around the world - including helping to set up and encourage others to set up local groups as well as media relations
* Developing processes and systems to help support our international network, including handbooks and governance structures (such as councils), and improving these once in place
* Continuously monitoring and analysing the needs of groups and potential groups around the world, and exploring how best to support them within the open knowledge community
* Doing unexpected stuff spontaneously - helping to organise something you have never done before, connecting people that you have never met before, or pitching something you have never thought of before
This role sits within the Network unit of the the Open Knowledge Foundation.
We are looking for someone self-driven, organised and a good communicator.
This person should be comfortable running a number of projects at the same
time, speaking at events and travelling - sometimes at short notice - and
great at empathising and engaging with community members at all levels, from
lawyers and civil servants to activist developers.
We will consider applicants based anywhere in the world; however a mild
preference is given to those close to one of our hubs in London, Berlin or
**Pay, availability & closing date**
The rate is negotiable based on experience. This full-time position is
available immediately. The closing date for applications is 25th March 2013.
**How to apply**
To apply please send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, your CV
and a 30-second video explaining your interest in the role to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6917/