Posted on behalf of Lynn M. O'Leary-Archer (Director of University
Libraries; ISD Executive Director, Resources & Services Information
Services Division, University of Southern California).
Associate Executive Director, Information Development & Management
Information Services Division (ISD) (University Libraries)
University of Southern California
The Associate Executive Director will lead ISD-wide efforts in
implementing and supporting next generation digital library initiatives.
S/he will direct the conceptual development of these initiatives and
their integration into the Information Services Division's research
support infrastructure, while participating and adhering to nationally
recognized standards. S/he will also oversee current (traditional
library technical services) and future information organization,
delivery, management, and retrieval services, as well as the desktop
support unit for the Division's 16 University Libraries.
1. Working under the direction of the Executive Director of the ISD
University Libraries, collaborates closely with the Deputy CIO and his
senior managers, the Vice Provost for Scholarly Technology, the CIO &
Dean, other high-level University administrators, faculty, and
departmental representatives to develop consensus and direction to
achieve an integrated research based digital library environment.
2. Fosters and focuses intra-organizational cooperation and efforts,
particularly with the Information Services Division's Information
Infrastructure Core (IIC), to achieve consensus on digital library
initiatives and projects that result in effective solutions. Works
especially closely with IIC's Information Architecture and Application
3. Participates in strategic planning for ISD and the University
Libraries with the same groups noted above.
4. Oversees managers and directors of the following Information Services
Division departments and projects: Information Delivery Organization and
Retrieval (IDOR), Digital Information Management (DIM), Electronic
Resources, the Collection Information System (CIS), Scholar's Portal,
the Doheny Office of Technology Support (DOTS), and technology efforts
for the Interdisciplinary Research Center's electronic representation
5. Represents digital library and Resources and Services interests with
the Infrastructure Core of the Information Services.
1. Demonstrated experience in group leadership at a high level,
experience in the management of complex processes.
2. Knowledge and experience in an academic environment. Excellent
communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to guide, manage, sponsor and oversee all
aspects of technology projects with special focus on completion and
achievement of timelines.
4. 7-10 years of increasingly responsible management experience.
5. Masters degree preferred (esp., library & information science,
computer science, communication). 7-10 years experience in technology
solutions development and its management.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of information architecture, current
technology solutions and technology administration with emphasis on best
practices for innovation. A technical knowledge specialty related to
digital library initiatives is preferred.
If Interested, Please Contact:
Eric Caesar, Human Resources & Staffing Manager
Information Services Division, Administration JEF 102C
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0251
[log in to unmask]; 213-821-5334