The Senior Digital Library Developer is responsible for the design, development
and deployment of research information services for scientists and engineers in
HP Labs. Working as a senior technical contributor within the HP Labs Research
Library, the selected candidate will:
· Develop and maintain standards based digital library solutions, and apply
advanced library science and solution development expertise in the analysis of
business requirements, documentation of system design specifications, and
development, testing, implementation and support of library services.
· As subject matter expert, provide direction and guidance toward process
and solution improvements, evaluate new technologies, contribute to the
development of new ideas and methods, and serve in both technical and project
· Masters Degree in Library and Information Science
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Minimum of 4-6 years experience developing web-based library solutions
and/or related technologies and standards.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as member of
cross-functional project team.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Intangibles: Integrity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines,
goal orientation, desire to learn, ability to collaborate.
· Two or more years experience developing and supporting library solutions
specifically for Digital Publishing & Archiving, Document Delivery Automation,
Inter-Library Loan, Citation management and other library workflow automation
· Project Management experience.
· Experience developing C and AJAX applications.
· Two or more years experience performing copy and original cataloging for
monographs, audio/visual materials, serials using AARC2, MARC, LCC, and OCLC.
· Experience working with and administering DSpace, EzProxy, Remedy, OPACs,
and Federated Search systems.
Interested parties should contact:
Manager, Digital Library Services
[log in to unmask]