Library Associates seeks visionary and technically proficient candidates
and referrals for the full-time, regular position of Programmer /
Web-Based Library Developer to develop and establish the new digital
library including research services for a Fortune 500 company in Silicon
Valley, CA. The profile of ideal candidate would be someone with very
strong recent web-based programming experience and library/information
science experience. This is a great opportunity for an experienced,
programming-savvy Cybrarian-type librarian/information professional who
wants to architect and deploy a brand-new digital library in a corporate
* Design, develop and deploy web-based library and research
services for user groups in Company;
* Work as a senior technical contributor on Web-based Library Team
and with Research Library staff; serve as the lynchpin between library
staff and technical team.
* Apply both library & information science and web-development
expertise in the evaluation of technology, analysis of business
requirements, and development of standards-based digital library
* Ensure solutions are designed, developed, tested, documented,
implemented, and enhanced according to operations standards and expected
* Prepare and distribute communications related to development
activities and project benchmarks/milestones, including status reports,
change requests, and in-code comments;
* Provide technical support to Library staff and user groups.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent;
* Master's degree in Library and Information Science, or
* 3 recent years of experience developing and administering
web-based solutions including the following:
o Other related technologies
* Deep understanding of Linux and Windows server environments.
* Familiarity with AJAX concepts and technologies.
* Familiarity with Semantic Web concepts and technologies.
* 2 recent years of experience working with library standards
such as the following:
* Ideal candidate will have 2 recent years of experience
developing and/or supporting library solutions for the following:
o Digital Publishing & Archiving
o Document Delivery
o Inter-Library Loan
o Other-related library workflow automation
Other Skills and Abilities
* Very strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to work independently and as member of cross-functional
* Integrity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, goal
orientation, desire to learn, ability to collaborate.
* Please submit cover letter and resume to Patty De Anda,
[log in to unmask], with a courtesy copy to Keith
Gurtzweiler, [log in to unmask]
* Equal Opportunity Employer
* Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits!
Patty De Anda
8383 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
800 987 6794 toll free
323 302 9439 local
323 852 1093 fax
[log in to unmask]
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail