Library Associates seeks for immediate consideration a Taxonomy
Developer for a contract position of an anticipated duration of about
two months with full-time hours. The project is slated to begin in
March and end in May.
Project & Purpose of Position
As part of a project to launch a new version of an internal news and
information website, our client - a large natural resources firm -
intends to improve keyword meta-tagging of each article they create for
their intranet. It is currently estimated that there are 4,000 articles
in existence. Keywords will function both to improve search results and
provide accurate "related article" results associated with each article
* Reviewing our initial work in developing a taxonomy.
* Reviewing existing content and becoming sufficiently familiar
with client's organization and culture.
* Creating a cohesive, consistent, comprehensive, and practically
usable keyword taxonomy.
* Going our archives and accurately tagging each existing article.
* Creating a set of easy-to-understand and usable guidelines for
helping editors in selecting and applying keywords going forward
* Our ideal candidate for this position will have specialized
knowledge of the standard technology and practices behind creating this
sort of keyword-based functionality of a news-based website.
* The candidate would ideally have a background in library
science, with experience in information taxonomies, indexing or related
areas of information structure, classification, and retrieval.
* Candidate must be familiar with websites and intranets, and
understand the basic model and typical function of a news-based website.
* Experience with basic PC and Internet technology is required.
* The ability to work well in a virtual environment, to show a
very high degree of customer service, to demonstrate reliability,
professionalism and an excellent work product that serves the needs of
the end users are a must.
* This is a full-time contract position.
* Telecommuting is acceptable for this position, but requires that
candidate, if hired, would be available during regular business hours
Monday through Friday for the duration of the project.
* Telecommuting employee must have own computer, Internet access,
and preferably high-speed Internet service.
* Candidate must successfully pass background check prior to
Candidates interested in being considered for this position should
submit their resume and cover letter to Keith Gurtzweiler,
[log in to unmask]
Equal Opportunity Employer
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail