Library Systems Analyst, Stanford's Lane Medical Library
The Library Systems Analyst will implement and maintain library
technologies for Lane Medical Library to support the School of
Medicine’s research, education and patient care missions. The ideal
candidate will support data migration and reporting activities, and play
an active role in the development and deployment of new services and
technologies. The Library Systems Analyst will report to the Associate
Director for Knowledge Integration and work cross-functionally across
the library and with IRT Systems Development and Data Center staff to
insure accurate and timely data and seamless digital library services.
* Deploy and support integrative systems components for the Voyager ILS
(catalog, circulation, patron, and acquisitions modules), SFX link
resolver, ILLiad (document delivery), EZproxy, and similar library systems.
* Create and maintain data interfaces to extract, reformat, and import
data between local and external applications, e.g., patron data, usage
statistics, bibliographic data, acquisitions data, authority and
vocabulary control data using relevant data migration tools including
XSLT and Java.
* Design methods and create programs to analyze print and digital
collections for decision making. Produce statistical reports using data
from library systems, scanned barcode logs and other data as
appropriate. Extract and import statistical data between systems to
* Contribute to collaborative web development projects, implementing
* Bachelors Degree in Information Technology with relevant experience in
the information industry or libraries.
* MS in Library and Information Science with relevant experience in
programming and data manipulation highly desired.
* Minimum of three years related experience required.
* Extensive knowledge of techniques & tools to integrate and manipulate
library tools used for catalog, link resolution, patron data,
circulation, document services, remote access authentication, learning
content management, extraction from and manipulation of data between and
* Understanding of or experience with an Integrated Library System,
preferably Voyager, SFX or another link resolver program, ILLiad or
other user request programs.
* Integrative programming experience with UNIX file editing (vi, sed,
awk), Perl, CGI scripting, XML, XSLT, and data registries.
Apache Cocoon experience desired.
* Understanding of relational database management systems (Oracle,
MySQL, MS SQL) and extraction/manipulation of relational data using
SQLand Java technologies. Understanding of the MARC record structure and
its programmatic manipulation using technologies like MARC/Perl or
MARC4J strongly preferred.
* Experience in working with a wide variety of metadata and usage
tracking formats to analyze various data streams. Experience with
statistical data manipulation desired.
* Experience in translating user specifications and implementing
effective solutions and ability to follow timelines and complete
multiple projects for more than one project manager.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and
* Ability to work with cross-discipline library and knowledge management
teams to achieve common goals.
* Highly responsive and able to act independently in support of library
* Knowledge of trends in library automation systems is desired.
* Experience in biomedical libraries is a plus.
All applications for this position must go through
http://jobs.stanford.edu/index.html ; search for keyword "24178".
Ryan Max Steinberg
Associate Director for Knowledge Integration
Lane Medical Library, L109
Stanford University Medical Center
Stanford, CA 94305-5123