MANAGER OF DATA SYSTEMS
LAC is seeking candidates for the position of Manager of Data Systems for our client, a large legal rights management company. The Company is a not-for-profit service organization whose mission is to facilitate and support the sharing of copyrighted content through innovative licensing services. Company's publisher partners include almost all major U.S. publishers. Through partnering with its sister organizations around the world, Company also provides licensed access to millions of foreign publications. Company's customers include more than 10,000 corporations and their subsidiaries, including most of the Fortune 100, along with thousands of law firms, document suppliers, libraries, government agencies, academic institutions, copy shops and bookstores. In late 2006, Company launched its newest product-the innovative category-creating rights management and advisory tool-which has received wide acclaim in the publishing and information industries, and has been nominated for numerous awards.
The growth of digital publishing and the internet have created bold new opportunities for Company. The organization is currently embarked on a five-year strategic plan which calls for the aggressive development of new products and services to further promote the sharing of knowledge. Company's unique database of bibliographic and rights metadata-the largest of its kind in the world-will be central to all of the new initiatives Company will undertake in the next few years. Given this, the company has a strong commitment to hiring dynamic, innovative library and publishing professionals who can help expand and enhance the company's database-its core asset-and help lead the organization forward at this transformational time.
Company offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment along with very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Reporting in to the Director of Data Systems & Services, the Manager of Data Systems will manage a team of professional librarians and para-professionals who are responsible for key projects and new initiatives related to Company's world-class bibliographic rights and data repository. The Data Systems team has primary responsibility for database maintenance, inventory expansion, establishing and enforcing metadata data standards, and ensuring data quality. Data Systems team members serve as key players on strategic company-wide projects to define, develop and enhance Company's products and services. The Manager will work closely with and advise senior management on data strategies and solutions and will also work closely with multiple internal and external constituencies to ensure efficient, timely implementation of new systems and improvements to business processes.
* College degree required.
* M.L.S. or equivalent in experience or education strongly preferred.
* 7-10 years' experience working with information systems and information management.
* Solid track record supporting complex, mission-critical data systems featuring structured metadata. Direct experience in the library, publishing and/or content sectors a strong plus.
* Strong management experience. Proven ability to lead teams and successfully manage to identified objectives and priorities. Experience building/developing teams and guiding them through periods of significant change. Education/experience in project management with proven ability to successfully lead complex projects.
* Solid understanding of and experience with the tools and techniques commonly used to collect, house and report structured data. Data programming experience a strong plus.
* Skilled in analyzing business processes. Track record of defining and implementing new processes and systems.
* Experience implementing CRM and order processing systems and familiarity with Oracle database and/or eBusiness application packages a strong plus.
* Strong track record of success within a strongly results-oriented environment.
* Experience with strategic planning initiatives within an information-intensive enterprise.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required
* Highly successful people and project manager with participative management style.
* Strong communication skills. Proficient at influencing and persuading within a matrix-style, cross-functional team environment.
* Proven sound judgment and reasoning.
* Superior interpersonal abilities; able to work with and manage diverse personalities, tactfully and maturely.
* Well-organized with strong multitasking skills. Must thrive in an environment of competing and frequently changing priorities.
* Strong bias for action with the ability to creatively resolve problems and issues.
* Strong problem assessment and resolution skills.
Please email cover letter and resume to Keith [log in to unmask], with a courtesy copy to Patty De Anda, [log in to unmask] Please use "Mgr Data Systems" as the subject line of your email and let us know where you saw our posting.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.