INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST 5 - LIBRARY SYSTEMS COORDINATOR.
The Oregon State Library is recruiting to fill the fulltime position of Library Systems Coordinator, assigned to the Government Research and Electronic Services (GRES) team. This position is located in Salem, Oregon.
This position coordinates and participates in the work of the Library's Automated Systems Unit (ASU). The Library Systems Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination and project management for ASU's activities. The Coordinator also provides primary systems administration and programming services as well as assisting with all day-to-day functions of the unit as necessary. This position works closely with Library management to investigate and implement new technologies and improved solutions for service to state government and the library community. Key current projects include the development of an online documents digital object management system for state publications, assistance with a content management system for managing library websites, and programming to create value-added services for basic online resources.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES: The ideal Library Systems Coordinator candidate will have a performance record demonstrating the following attributes:
1. familiarity or experience with library operations, library-specific standards, or significant library-related software (work experience in a library setting preferred);
2. experience in workgroup coordination, problem tracking and documentation;
4. skill and documented work history working with XML related technologies;
5. experience working in a variety of systems infrastructures, including a willingness to collaborate in open source technologies;
6. skill and documented history working with Windows XP Pro installation and configuration and familiarity with operating system migration;
7. experience with Wide Area Network (WAN) client installation and troubleshooting;
8. experience with computer hardware upgrades and repair; and
9. experience developing and maintaining hardware and software inventories.
TO APPLY: Contact our website for a complete job announcement including qualifying questions at www.oregon.gov/OSL/jobs.shtml. To apply submit a State of Oregon application form (PD300IS ), resume, cover letter, and responses to qualifying to:
Robin Speer, Human Resources Assistant, Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St., NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-3950, Phone: (503) 378-2464, email: [log in to unmask]
THE OREGON STATE LIBRARY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORKFORCE DIVERSITY. MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIESARE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Oregon State Library
phone: 503-378-2464, fax: 503-585-8059
[log in to unmask]