Technology Specialist - Web Development and Design, OHIONET (Columbus,
OHIONET, a not-for-profit library membership organization in Ohio, seeks
an experienced web developer to provide web design and development
services to our members. This individual will utilize web, graphics and
database design, programming and usability knowledge and skills to
create dynamic web sites and/or web-based solutions for our members.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the design and
development process, from the initial planning and assessment phases
through completion. This individual will meet and/or communicate with
members as appropriate to ensure successful project outcomes.
* BS Degree or equivalent education/work experience required (Relevant
certifications, an established portfolio and/or demonstrated
professional leadership and commitment preferred).
* Experience in web site development and design and graphics creation
and manipulation required (Experience using a text editor and/or
Dreamweaver and Adobe PhotoShop and/or Creative Suite strongly
* Experience using XHTML markup, PHP server-side scripting and CSS
* Proficiency in using and maintaining web server and relational
database management system required (Proficiency in and experience using
Microsoft IIS, and MySQL strongly preferred).
* Knowledge of web design and accessibility standards and principles of
* Experience with open source web content management platforms strongly
* Strong public/customer service background required.
* Must be capable of managing technical projects.
* Should possess excellent leadership, analytic and problem-solving
skills and capability of exercising sound judgment.
Salary dependent on qualifications; minimum $40,000.00. OHIONET provides
excellent benefits including generous healthcare plan, 20 vacation days,
11 holidays, 12 days sick leave, TIAA-CREF retirement plan.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a letter of application,
resume, previous work examples, and three references with addresses and
phone numbers to: Jennifer Turner Director of Accounting and Business
Services OHIONET 1500 W. Lane Ave. Columbus OH 43221
[log in to unmask]
Applications received by June 28th will receive first consideration.