------ Forwarded Message
Search and Discovery Developer
CACI-ISS has an immediate, full-time opportunity available in the downtown
Washington DC area, onsite at a large federal government Library for a
developer, well versed in search and discovery.
Ideal candidates are familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and
procedures, and will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Expect a wide degree of creative license and latitude.
- Develop a layer in our repository architecture to efficiently locate and
retrieve content from different content repositories.
- Develop index and access methods for efficient search and retrieval of
textual and non-textual content from different repositories.
- Develop interfaces between the retrieval layer and underlying repository
- Develop semantic models for efficient location and retrieval of digital
content from different repositories.
- Degree Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science or related field.
A degree in Library Sciences, Information Sciences or Decision Sciences
with strong experience in software engineering would be considered.
- Working experience (tuning, interfacing, development) with commercial and
open source search engines using large and heterogeneous datasets.
- Experience in implementation of index and access methods for databases and
for other content-based systems.
- Working knowledge of semantic aspects of search and retrieval.
- Knowledge of data mining and knowledge discovery is a plus.
Email resume and salary expectations to:
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
------ End of Forwarded Message