Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks Senior Programmer/Analyst, on
behalf of our client, a preeminent wholesale book distributor. The ideal
candidate is an expert Programmer/Analyst with outstanding project
management and communication skills who thrives in a time-critical,
results-oriented working environment. This position is located near
Nashville, TN. Competitive compensation package for qualified candidate.
* Create and test computer programs for new systems requests
and/or modifications to existing programs as outlined in the
requirements defined by the user.
* Expertise with multiple specified programming languages and/or
specified systems and the ability to work across multiple platforms is
* May require working as part of a cross functional team either in
a lead or support role as well as independently.
* Use of industry standard project management tools and techniques
* Utilize strong oral and written communication skills to interact
with business systems users in order to interpret high-level user
requirements, issues, concerns, etc.
* On-call support of applications during business and non-business
hours is required.
* Ability to thrive in a time-critical, results oriented
environment is essential.
* Bachelor's Degree OR 7 years experience in applications
* 5 years work experience in NATURAL/ADABAS applications
* 3 years of project management or team lead experience
* 1 years of systems analysis in a complex business environment
(library systems preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree in Data Processing, Computer Science or
* Currently active in NATURAL/ADABAS development/design
* Experience with EntireX to develop and maintain bridges to other
* Library automation systems experience, including fluency with
the USMARC standard
* Open systems (UNIX or AIX) experience
* QA experience
* .NET experience
* Experience with library automation services from vendors such as
Dynix/Sirci, III, TLc, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize efficiencies (e.g., effective
use of superdescriptors, HISTOGRAMS, etc.)
* For immediate consideration please email your resume to
[log in to unmask] with cc to Kathleen Schmidt,
[log in to unmask] Please reference position TITLE the
position ID #936 as the subject line of your email.
* Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda
Library Associates Companies
8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 355
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
800 987 6794 toll free
323 302 9439 local
323 852 1093 fax
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail