Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks Senior Programmer/Analyst, on
behalf of our client, a preeminent wholesale book distributor. The ideal
candidate is an expert Programmer/Analyst with outstanding project
management and communication skills who thrives in a time-critical,
results-oriented working environment. This position is located near
Nashville, TN. Competitive compensation package for qualified candidate.
* Create and test computer programs for new systems requests
and/or modifications to existing programs as outlined in the
requirements defined by the user.
* Expertise with multiple specified programming languages and/or
specified systems and the ability to work across multiple platforms is
* May require working as part of a cross functional team either in
a lead or support role as well as independently.
* Use of industry standard project management tools and techniques
* Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to
interact with business systems users in order to interpret high-level
user requirements, issues, concerns, etc.
* On-call support of applications during business and non-business
hours is required.
* Ability to thrive in a time-critical, results oriented
environment is essential.
* Bachelor's Degree OR 7 years experience in applications
* 5 years work experience in NATURAL/ADABAS applications
* 3 years of project management or team lead experience
* 1 years of systems analysis in a complex business environment
(library systems preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree in Data Processing, Computer Science or
* Currently active in NATURAL/ADABAS development/design
* Experience with EntireX to develop and maintain bridges to other
* Library automation systems experience, including fluency with
the USMARC standard
* Open systems (UNIX or AIX) experience
* QA experience
* .NET experience
* Experience with library automation services from vendors such as
Dynix/Sirci, III, TLc, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize efficiencies (e.g., effective
use of superdescriptors, HISTOGRAMS, etc.)
For immediate consideration please email your resume to
[log in to unmask] with cc to Kathleen Schmidt,
[log in to unmask] Please reference position TITLE the
position ID number as the subject line of your email.
Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Kathleen A. Schmidt, MLIS
Library Associates Companies
11820 Parklawn Drive, Suite 400
Rockville, MD 20852
toll free: 800.775.0388
[log in to unmask]
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this email message in error, please contact