Re: CODE4LIB Digest - 12 Jun 2008 to 13 Jun 2008 (#2008-131)

"Crawley, Devin" <[log in to unmask]>

Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:12:53 -0400

text/plain

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Automatic digest processor
Sent: June 13, 2008 11:03 PM
To: Recipients of CODE4LIB digests
Subject: CODE4LIB Digest - 12 Jun 2008 to 13 Jun 2008 (#2008-131)

Topics of the day:

  1. Code4Lib Journal -- Deadline Extended for Call for Submissions
  2. III SIP server
  3. Unix training options? (10)
  4. Updated documentation for harvesting materials from the Internet Archive
     (2)

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:59:38 -0400
From: Ken Varnum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Code4Lib Journal -- Deadline Extended for Call for Submissions

** Deadline Extended 1 Week -- Now June 20 **

The Code4Lib Journal [ http://journal.code4lib.org/ ] is accepting proposals
for articles, book & software reviews, code snippets & algorithms,
conference reports, opinion pieces, etc., for its September issue. The
Code4Lib Journal strives to fill a communication niche above simple
description of software implementations but below pure theoretical digital
library investigation. The editorial committee is looking for content that
is practical, demonstrates how to exploit technology to create digital
library collections and services, or offers insight and forethought
regarding the use of computers in any type of library setting.

While articles in the journal should be of a high quality, they need not
follow any formal structure or guidelines. Writers should aim for the middle
ground between, on the one hand, blog or mailing-list posts, and, on the
other hand, articles in traditional journals. We want publishing in the
journal to be easy and painless, helping the community to share timely,
relevant information that is currently shared all too rarely.

The Journal welcomes submissions at any time on a rolling acceptance basis.
We publish quarterly in March, June, September, and December. Proposals
received by Friday, June 20, 2008, will receive consideration for
publication in issue 4, late September 2008. Upon provisional acceptance,
authors will be given an article deadline, typically 6-8 weeks before
journal publication. Proposals are typically abstracts sent in the body of
an email to [log in to unmask]

Send in a submission. Your peers would like to hear what you are doing.

Ken Varnum
Coordinating Editor, Issue 4
Code4Lib Journal

--