OHIONET, a not-for-profit library membership organization in Ohio,
seeks a web developer with 3 to 5 years of experience to develop,
maintain and support various aspects of OHIONET's public and internal
web sites and to coordinate web hosting and design and development
services provided to our members. In that capacity, this individual
* Utilize web, graphics and database design, programming and usability
knowledge and skills to create dynamic web sites and/or web-based
solutions for ourmembers.
* Assume responsibility for all aspects of design and development
process, from the initial planning and assessment phases through
* Meet and/or communicate with members as appropriate to ensure
successful project outcomes.
* Perform server maintenance duties and tasks, including but not
limited to: performing system backups, maintaining system logs and
performing other duties as assigned.
* Coordinate web site and web server service, maintenance and/or
replacement with other OHIONET staff, vendor representatives and
* Utilize programming and design skills and technical knowledge for
OHIONET web presences and other applications.
* Serves as backup for other departmental staff when applicable
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/work experience required;
* Relevant certifications, an established portfolio and/or
demonstrated professional leadership and commitment preferred;
* Familiarity with current web and library systems and technologies preferred;
* Experience in web site development and design and graphics creation
and manipulation required (Experience using Dreamweaver and Adobe
PhotoShop and/or Creative Suite strongly preferred);
* Experience using XHTML markup, PHP server-side scripting and CSS required;
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming required;
* Proficiency in using and maintaining web server and relational
database management system required (MySQL strongly preferred);
* Knowledge of web design and accessibility standards and principles
of usability required;
* Strong public/customer service background required;
* Must be capable of managing technical projects;
* Should possess excellent leadership,communication, analytic and
problem-solving skills and be capable of exercising sound judgment.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent
benefits include 20 vacation days, 11 holidays, 12 days sick leave,
TIAA-CREF retirement plan.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume and
three references with addresses and phone numbers to Jennifer Turner,
([log in to unmask]), Director of Accounting and Business Services,
OHIONET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus OH 43221. Electronic
submissions are acceptable. Applications received by September 2 will
receive first consideration.