Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks a Classification Librarian to work under contract for the USAID Knowledge Services Center's Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC). The cataloger will join a processing team providing cataloging, taxonomy, indexing and records quality control support to USAID's Knowledge Service Center and the online document repository. We are looking for someone who has experience with taxonomies and thesaurus construction, and their application to original online cataloging. This is an ideal position for a recent MLS graduate who is knowledgeable about taxonomy, thesauri, and keeps abreast of web-based tools. All candidates MUST be U.S. Citizens and have or be able to obtain Secret Clearance, in order to be considered
* Original cataloging of USAID publications, including publications produced under contract and by partner organizations;
* Quality control involving research for specific Agency coding and ancillary document descriptions;
* Construct and maintain thesauri and taxonomies for an online document repository;
* Other additional duties as required.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen;
* Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance;
* Must be flexible and adaptable to change;
* Master's degree in Library/Information Science preferred or 6 years of equivalent experience;
* Background in international economic and/or development assistance preferred;
* Minimum 2 years experience cataloging;
* Experience cataloging government publications;
* Original and copy cataloging skills;
* Construction and maintenance of thesauri experience;
* Experience in the design and development of taxonomies;
* Working knowledge of one or more foreign languages preferred;
* Knowledge of operation of foreign assistance programs desirable;
* Practice in AACR2.
* Please email resume and cover letter to Recruiter, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please use "Classification Librarian #1163" as the subject line of your email.
* Please let us know where you saw our posting.
* LAC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that seeks diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.