Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks an experienced Electronic Resources/Reference Librarian to manage all electronic resources and serials subscriptions that support the research and information activities at USAID in Washington, DC.
* Maintains and develops online serials subscriptions; ensures access from remote sites; troubleshoots firewall issues; and manages vendor relationships with serial subscription agents;
* Responsible for training clients and staff in the use of print and online resources and in searching the internet effectively;
* Investigates, researches and participates in implementation of technologies that make it easier for clients to access information resources online without assistance (such as portals and proactive dissemination strategies);
* Identifies and recommends relevant electronic resources for acquisition and serves as liaison for serial vendors for subscription issues;
* Provides reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases including LexisNexis, Factiva, Academic Search Elite, FirstSearch, Dialog, Europa World Plus, World Bank e-Library, CIAO, the Internet, etc;
* Prepares bibliographies and finding aids to increase visibility and usage of the collection;
* Participates in developing outreach briefings on services to staff and other user groups aimed at increasing visibility throughout the international development community worldwide;
* Stays abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance, economic development, and development organizations; stays abreast of trends in library and information science;
* Master's degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited program;
* Minimum one year experience managing print and online serials; experience providing electronic resources to remote sites preferred;
* Experience training patrons in the use of library resources;
* Experience with online database searching, including but not limited to Lexis/ Nexis, Factiva, Academic Search Elite, FirstSearch, Dialog, Europa World Plus, World Bank e-Library, and CIAO;
* Experience with customized information delivery and knowledge of/experience with push technology as well as with portal services;
* Demonstrated experience with integrated library systems;
* Experience as a reference librarian, with skills and ability to conduct in-depth reference interviews;
* Knowledge of foreign affairs, foreign assistance, economic development, or developing countries preferred;
* U.S. citizenship required
* Please email resume and cover letter to Recruiter, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Please use "E-Resources Librarian #1178", as the subject line of your email.
* Please let us know where you saw our posting.
* LAC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that seeks diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.