Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks a Systems Administrator to work at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library. The Administrator will provide leadership in all aspects of IT systems administration in a heterogeneous computing environment. Operating systems include Sun Solaris 9/10 and Windows (Windows 2003 Server and XP Professional). Must be a US Citizen.
* Provide operational support of the UNIX (SUN SOLARIS) and Microsoft Windows (including Active Directory) computing environment including hardware installations, upgrades, OS and application software installations and upgrades, security monitoring and patches, backup and recovery administration, maintaining users and peripheral equipment, troubleshooting system and application issues;
* Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect or recover systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction;
* Maintain and update security information, and certification and accreditation packages to meet NASA and GSFC policies;
* Provide technical recommendations for information systems operations in the UNIX (SUN SOLARIS) environment. Implement modifications to increase system capacity;
* Analyze the results of performance and systems management software and recommend changes to improve processing and utilization;
* Maintain and develop system documentation, policies, and procedures that promote optimal use of computer resources;
* Function as an Alternate Computer Security Officer: identify and take action on vulnerabilities to the Library's systems, participate in IT security activities, assume primary responsibility for all IT Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities;
* Provide initial troubleshooting and support for desktops and network and wireless Connections;
* Participate in evaluation, selection, and installation of computer hardware and software packages;
* Evaluate and make recommendations on state-of-the-art technology improvements.
* BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant technical discipline (equivalent experience may be considered);
* 3+ years experience in systems administration;
* Extensive knowledge of UNIX (SUN SOLARIS 9/10) operating systems;
* Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory;
* Extensive knowledge of backup, web server, and document software (e.g., Veritas;
* Netbackup, Apache, Tomcat, Microsoft Office suite);
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Ability to manage diverse tasks and professionally interact with users and vendors and to work effectively and cooperatively on a team project;
* Must be able to work varied schedules to accommodate system maintenance or Upgrades;
* Lifting and relocation of computer equipment (must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.);
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Knowledge of Library software such as SirsiDynix Unicorn, ILLiad, etc.;
* Systems Administration and Network/Security certifications;
* Knowledge of shell scripting, MySQL, PHP, Perl, SharePoint, proxy servers, and web analysis applications;
* Please email Cover letter, resumes, and compensation range to the attention of Kari Anderson at, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>;
* Please use "Systems Admin Goddard #1192 as the subject line of your email;
* LAC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer who promotes diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.