Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks a Database Applications Development Specialist to work on a contract basis at USAID's Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) in Washington, DC. This position will be responsible for all core database functionality for MS SQL Server integration with the .Net front end. Candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in administration, programming and daily operations and support of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The Specialist will ensure the performance, availability, integrity and quality of all DEC data. MUST be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible for Secret Clearance.
* Database development and maintenance to including stored procedures, triggers, data modeling, index maintenance, SQL jobs, performance tuning and monitoring, installation of service packs and application upgrades.
* Backup & recovery processes and planning to include database mirroring and/or failover clustering.
* ETL with XML, Open Text (BASIS) and txt formats.
* Application and database documentation and testing.
* Application and database security.
* Designing reporting services solutions to work in conjunction with applications.
* Provide user technical support and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
* MUST be eligible for a secret clearance.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related degree is required OR 4 years of equivalent experience may be substituted.
* Must have 4 years experience in relational database management in a client server and/or a .net environment.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* XML and HTML experience.
* SQL Server 2005.
Familiar with Inmagic's Presto Application, desirable.
* ASP experience desirable.
* Please email resume and cover letter to Recruiter at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Please use "Database Apps Development #1252" as the subject line of your email.
* Please let us know where you saw our posting.
* LAC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that seeks diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.