Library Associates Companies (LAC) is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Engineer to maintain and administer multiple Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) Database environments. The Engineer will also coordinate with applications developers to design changes to the database that will facilitate new application functionality. Current and active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required. This is a multi-year contract position in Reston, VA.
* Current and active TS/SCI security clearance, required (candidates without this clearance will not be considered for this position). Full Scope Polygraph preferred.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field (or equivalent experience) and at least 9 years experience in a directly related position.
* Experience with the following technologies: Oracle 10g/11g, RMAN, PL/SQL, RAC, and ASM.
* Detailed knowledge of modern Database design and development processes.
* Must be capable of translating operational requirements into detailed database/system requirements, and be capable of integrating COTS products into database/system architectures.
* Must be able to rapidly digest new tools and technologies and integrate them into existing products and processes.
* Must have demonstrated ability to provide database support on a large software development effort with management supervision.
* Strong problem solving and performance tuning skills and the ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate leadership qualities.
* Full scope polygraph, preferred.
* Ability to mentor junior level database engineers.
* Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Oracle Clusterware, Plumtree Portal (AquaLogic User Interaction or Oracle Web Center), WebLogic Server, and/or LDAP.
* For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to Keith Gurtzweiler at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ;
* Please use "Senior Oracle Database Engineer #1265" as the subject line of your email.
Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.