The Library and Information Center at the Georgia Institute of
Technology is seeking a Systems Support Specialist I.
Duties: Provide support in the installation, maintenance, and
configuration of server based computing systems in a multi-tiered,
distributed network environment. Assist with the maintenance, support,
and creation of web-based applications, scripts, and pages. Create and
maintain documentation related to our servers, software
configurations, and network environment.
Education: Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree, two years college
course work (preferably in Computer Science) or an equivalent
combination of educations and experience required.
Experience: At least four years of work-related experience preferably
in a university environment.
Required skill sets:
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP and OSI models
- Administration experience with Solaris, Linux (Red Hat), BSD, OS
X, Windows Servers (2003+)
- Familiar with desktop environments (Windows, OS X, Linux, Office
- Client Server Technology
Preferred skill sets:
- Structured programming: Shell, Perl, Python
- Web Technologies and Languages: Apache, Tomcat, OpenSSL, IIS, PHP,
HTML, Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of database technologies including: MySQL, MsSQL Server,
- LDAP/Active Directory
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal communications
such as advising, recommending or counseling, follow-up, exchanging
information and troubleshooting. He/she will ensure data integrity and
possess a proactive, customer and detail oriented disposition.
To Apply: Visit https://ea.ohr.gatech.edu/careers/FullDescription.asp?jobid=BJJ8400
Christopher J. J. Helms
Georgia Institute of Technology
Library and Information Center
Phone: 404.385.6277 Fax: 404.894.4559