Library Associates Companies (LAC) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join a contract supporting USAID's Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC). The DEC is USAID's main repository of reports, studies, policy documents and other products of the Agency's numerous development projects. The records represent USAID's vast development experience, and are a vital element of the Agency's knowledge management program. USAID has ambitious plans to reaffirm its leading position in the development community. Expanding the DEC's holdings and making them more accessible and useful to the Agency's staff, its development partners, and the general public will be critical to this effort.
We are currently deploying a modern digital asset management tool; moving to an existing commercial search engine; importing over 100,000 public and private document records into the new system; and upgrading the DEC so it will afford new levels of access not only to USAID staff, but to the general public.
This position will be responsible for support, adaptation and integration of the Inmagic Presto application, which will support a large portion of DEC's mission-critical infrastructure. The applicant must have extensive knowledge and experience in web-based, database-driven application development. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Design, refine, and test applications using industry-standard techniques for developing, debugging, fixing and improving applications throughout their life-cycle
* Participate in server backup and recovery processes and planning
* Conduct user needs analysis to produce viable application solutions
* Develop new functionality and enhance application design
* Provide application and help documentation
* Ensure application security
* Provide DEC user technical support as needed
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related degree; 4 years of equivalent experience may be substituted
* Must have 4 years application development experience in a Net environment
* Windows Server 2003 and Active Directory experience
* Intermediate-level SQL Server 2005 experience
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Familiarity with Inmagic Presto Application is preferred
* Candidate must be eligible for a secret security clearance
* For immediate consideration, please email resume to Recruiter at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Please use "Software Engineer - #1320" as the subject line of your email.
* Please let us know where you saw our posting.
* Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda Gates
Communications & Projects Associate
323.302.9439 - direct
323.852.1083 - main
323.852.1093 - fax
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
LAC / Library Associates Companies, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzf1P50C_lRFu_0LojPFAEoy98P4YA> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdB4mDRQ6bu7SC19jDybb9WgZEyZw> | LAC on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUg6wxSuy9eitHw0obYHzm_j_sHw> | LibGig on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F%2522&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzftJUSrvtP5Yyp-Z-DPwwE-104paQ>