ALCTS MIG (Metadata Interest Group) invites your proposal to participate in a discussion of metadata theory and practice, to take place at the ALA Midwinter Conference in Boston, January 14-20, 2010.
Presentations focusing on current topics and practices as well as new technologies that relate to or impact metadata are preferred. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
* Usability testing, and the implications for metadata
* Local documentation (application profiles, etc.). What's your secret to maintaining local documentation and staying productive?
* Changing the underlying metadata schemes for a digital library/repository
* Managing the use of multiple metadata schemes within one repository
* XSLT and metadata manipulation
Presentations should be 20-30 minutes in length. To submit a proposal for presentation, please email a brief description of your proposed topic to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Friday, November 13, 2009.
Jennifer O'Brien Roper
Head, Cataloging and Metadata Services
University of Virginia Library
[log in to unmask]