LAC is seeking candidates for immediate consideration for the position of Processing Supervisor to work on a contract position at an academic library in New Orleans, LA. The primary role of the Processing Supervisor is to oversee the workflow in the Processing Area and to develop and oversee the procedures for the processing function areas supervised. The Processing Supervisor has oversight of the Processing Area, which includes Bindery, Processing, and Shelving with inputs from Acquisitions, Cataloging, and special HTML projects. The Processing Supervisor reports directly to the Project Manager and supervises the Processing Team staff members.
This list represents the primary duties and responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
* Supervise Processing Area staff (currently Processing staff includes one Shelving Supervisor, one Processing Technician, three Library Assistants, and two Labeling Clerks).
* Set daily assignments and priorities for all staff in processing area.
* Provide oversight for Belfor reinstatement portion of the project.
* Coordinate processing with both Cataloging and Acquisitions Teams.
* Provide oversight for Government Documents sorting, shelving, and basic inventory of items being withdrawn from the collection.
* Train new Processing staff members and ensure their following of established procedures.
* Provide ongoing quality control (QC) to ensure that all processed materials accurately follow our client's processing documentation.
* Trouble-shoot problems, and handle difficult or problematic items including obtaining and implementing judgments as to best practices for unique items.
* Perform standard processing and/or labeling tasks to maintain workflow, as is necessary.
* Provide semi-monthly reports to LAC Project Manager regarding work and progress made by Processing Area staff.
* Write and maintain procedure manuals for assigned special projects and for specific tasks.
* Prepare shipments to HTML and oversee remote shelving.
* Participate in meetings with our client's principal points of contact, as needed, with regards to updates on the Processing Area.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 2 years of experience working in a library setting performing tasks related to circulation, shelving, or physical processing.
* Prior supervisory experience, and an effective management style.
* Prior experience training and orienting employees.
* Ability to use metrics effectively and to link staff duties to project goals.
* Ability to work in a production-driven environment with constantly shifting priorities and demands.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Voyager or other library integrated system (ILS).
* Knowledge of Dewey, LC, and SuDoc classification schemes.
* Experience in an academic library.
1. Please send resume and cover letter to LAC Recruiting Team at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
2. Please use "Processing Supervisor #1347" as the Subject field of your email.
2. Please let us know where you saw our opportunity. To view all our open positions, please visit: www.libraryassociates.com<http://www.libraryassociates.com/>.
3. LAC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda Gates
Communications & Projects Associate
323.302.9439 - direct
323.852.1083 - main
323.852.1093 - fax
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
LAC / Library Associates Companies, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzf1P50C_lRFu_0LojPFAEoy98P4YA> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdB4mDRQ6bu7SC19jDybb9WgZEyZw> | LAC on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUg6wxSuy9eitHw0obYHzm_j_sHw> | LibGig on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F%2522&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzftJUSrvtP5Yyp-Z-DPwwE-104paQ>