Announcing the next WorldCat Mashathon! Sponsored by the OCLC Developer
Network, Brandeis University and Microsoft, the next WorldCat Mashathon will
be held Thursday and Friday, September 23-24 at the Microsoft New England
Research and Development (NERD) Center in Cambridge, MA.
The WorldCat Mashathon gives participants the opportunity for two full days
of brainstorming and coding mash-ups with local systems and other Web
services to take advantage of all that WorldCat, the worldıs largest
bibliographic database, has to offer. Previous Mashathon events in New York,
Amsterdam, Seattle, Melbourne and Liverpool, have produced many interesting
* Itıs a chance for anyone interested in structured data to get their hands
on the WorldCat Search API.
* Participants both inside and outside the library industry are encouraged
* Gain development access to over 144 million bibliographic records from
more than 10,000 libraries worldwide.
* Integrate these resources with many others to create innovative new
* Share your creative vision and be a part of the next wave of online
Roy Tennant, Senior Program Officer for OCLC Research will kick off the
session. OCLC Developer Network manager Karen Coombs and OCLC Research
engineer Bruce Washburn will present, walk participants through building a
simple sample application and be available for questions and breakout
Bring your laptop, your ideas and your curiosity, and weıll supply
breakfast, lunch and snacks. We will also facilitate forming dinner groups
for Thursday night. Every participant will also receive a commemorative
Learn more and register now for the Mashathon at