[Please excuse cross-posting]
Technology Specialist – OHIONET – Columbus, OH
OHIONET, a nonprofit multi-type library cooperative, seeks an
experienced, yet progressive Technology Specialist to assist in the
administration of OPAL (Ohio Private Academic Libraries) consortium's
and other OHIONET-supported library servers and applications.
As part of our member support team, this individual will also provide
technical support to member libraries and will participate in
after-hours and weekend support rotation.
This individual will conduct training sessions both online and
in-person to support the effective use of these systems and will
prepare complete and accurate documentation to support these projects.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of two years of experience in library system administration
or support required (experience with Innovative Interfaces system
- Experience with Linux system administration required;
- Knowledge of networks and networking principles required;
- Familiarity with at least one programming/scripting language required;
- Must have a strong public/customer service background and possess
the ability to provide front-line troubleshooting in complex
- Must be capable of managing technical projects;
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Should possess excellent leadership, analytic and problem-solving
skills and capability of exercising sound judgment;
- Travel to libraries required.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous
package of benefits includes 20 vacation days, 11 holidays, 12 days
sick leave, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and medical, dental, vision,
life and disability insurance.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume, and
three references with addresses and phone numbers. Applications can be
sent electronically via email to [log in to unmask] or postal mail
Director of Member Services
1500 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus OH 43221.
Applications received by August 31 will receive first consideration.